IF YOU’RE COMING BY PLANE:
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport in Roanoke, Va., is served by major domestic airlines.
- The Smart Way Bus offers regularly scheduled service between the airport and Squires Student Center in Blacksburg.
- Roanoke Airport Limousine Service provide transportation between the airport and campus.
- Private planes may land at the Virginia Tech/Montgomery Executive Airport adjacent to campus (telephone: (540) 231-4444).
IF YOU’RE COMING BY TRAIN OR BUS:
- Train: Amtrak passes through Virginia and West Virginia on several routes. Amtrak’s Northeast Regional service was extended and now stops in Roanoke. Lynchburg is a stop for the Crescent and Northeast Regional service. Charlottesville, Staunton, and Clifton Forge, plus stations in southern West Virginia (White Sulfur Springs, Alderson, and Hinton) are all stops for the Cardinal. Another station is located in Danville, in addition to Union Station in Washington, D.C.
- Bus: Greyhound Bus Lines serves the Blacksburg area via a stop in Roanoke at the Campbell Court bus station downtown. The Smart Way Bus offers regularly scheduled service between Campbell Court and Squires Student Center in Blacksburg. Greyhound also stops in Wytheville (service to Christiansburg and Pulaski has been discontinued).
The main Virginia Tech campus is located in Blacksburg, Virginia, about 40 miles southwest of Roanoke, Virginia. The conference will be held at the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine, VCOM.
To reach VCOM from Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound):
- Take Exit 118 to reach the exit ramps for all three of the exits at this location. There is only one exit ramp serving the exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 or south to Exit 114 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. This exit connects directly to the Christiansburg Bypass. Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass between Blacksburg and Christiansburg is a limited-access highway from I-81 to the campus entrance.
- Take exit 5AB onto US-460 Bus E towards Blacksburg and Smart Road.
- Keep right towards US-460 Bus E and Industrial Park Dr.
- In 0.3 miles, turn left onto Industrial Park Road SE.
- Bear right onto Research Center Drive.
- In 0.3 miles, turn left onto Kraft Drive. VCOM will be on the right.
To reach VCOM from Interstate 77 (northbound):
- Take exit 32 onto I-81 North. Continue for about 36 miles to Exit 118. There is only one exit ramp serving multiple exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West, then follow the directions above.
To reach VCOM from Interstate 77/West Virginia Turnpike (southbound):
- In West Virginia, take Exit 9, “U.S. 460-Princeton/Pearisburg, VA.” Turn left at the stoplight at the end of the ramp onto U.S. 460 East.
- Continue on U.S. 460 East for about 44.9 miles (11.6 in W.Va., 33.3 in Virginia).
- Follow the directions above.